Keeping your ears warm: a slacker’s playlist
December 5, 2012
Posted by on
December means list-making for lots of people. For Christmas shoppers. said list reminds you to buy Aunt Dorothy that bottle of Evening In Paris perfume and to likewise pick up those all-important token trinkets for every friend, relative, and passing acquaintance in your life. It’s the time of year for giving, after all.
And for music bloggers, it means whittling down the year’s releases into a tidy list of the best of the best. If you’re like me, you’ve waited until December to really start the process of putting them in order. I’ve kept a revolving list of my favorites since January, in no particular order. So for the past week I’ve been revisiting, adding new songs, and eliminating the middling music. In the meantime, I’ve found some great songs – new and old – to keep my ears warm when I’m not re-evaluating the best of 2012. Thanks to my handy Spotify account, I’ve got a pre-made list of my top 10 played songs during the past week. I’ll share them with you below – a sort of procrastination edition of the ever-popular iPod check – and invite you to share your own in the comments.
- Kasey Musgraves – “Merry Go Round”
- Don Gibson – “Oh Lonesome Me”
- Lori McKenna – “Sometimes He Does”
- Elvis Presley – “Are You Lonesome Tonight?”
- Kelly Clarkson – “People Like Us”
- Linda Ronstadt – “Cry Like a Rainstorm, Howl Like the Wind”
- Ray Charles – “I Can’t Stop Loving You”
- Bobbie Cryner – “Leavin’ Houston Blues”
- Rick Trevino – “Running Out of Reasons To Run”
- Kelly Clarkson featuring Vince Gill – “Don’t Rush”
Spotify users can listen to my top 10 playlist.
What’s tops on your playlist right now? Share your top 10 (or 20 or 30) tracks with us.